Caerphilly’s Budget Challenge
Residents across the Caerphilly county borough are being given the chance to have their say on proposals to deliver over £12.4million in council savings next year (2016/17).
On Wednesday 14th October Caerphilly county borough council’s Cabinet agreed a list of draft savings for the next financial year and these are now be subject to a period of widespread public consultation. The proposals also include a 3.9% increase in Council Tax for 2016/17.
The budget consultation was launched on Monday 19th October and will run for a period of 12 weeks ending on the 8th January 2016.
An online survey is now available on the CCBC website ( www.caerphilly.gov.uk/budgetchallenge ) and the following face-to-face sessions will take place across the area over the coming weeks:
· Tuesday 27th October - Blackwood Library (2-6pm)
· Tuesday 3rd November - Bargoed Library (2-6pm)
· Tuesday 10th November - Newbridge Tabernacle (10.30am-2.30pm)
· Thursday 12th November - White Rose (10.30am-2.30pm)
· Tuesday 17th November - Ystrad Mynach Library (2-6pm)
· Wednesday 18th November - Caerphilly Library (2-6pm)
· Monday 23rd November - Risca Palace (2-6pm)
· Thursday 26th November - Hafod Deg, Rhymney (10.30am-1pm)
For more information about the savings proposals please visit www.caerphilly.gov.uk /budgetchallenge/budgetchallenge or call 01443 864354 to request a printed version of the survey. Alternative languages and formats are also available on request if required.