me
Lewis Girls' School Eisteddfod
by Mrs E Burrage - Friday, 15 March 2013, 11:22 AM

daf

St David’s Day was celebrated on March 1st at the school we held our annual Eiseddfod for Yrs 7 – 9 and Year 12.

On March 1st the school held its annual Eisteddfod and celebrated St David’s day.

The Eisteddfod is a house competition for Yr 7 – 9 pupils and Year 12 help with the organisation of the event.

We had a variety of on stage competitions - musical, gym and dance, singing, karaoke. Katie Phillips took the award for achieving the highest number of points for being on stage. Dai awn Katie!

There were also off- stage competitions for most departments and the standard of entries for various subjects was fantastic. Megan Price won the award for achieving the most number of off-stage points. This was the third year that Megan has won this award - Llongyfarchiadau Megan !

We also have a very prestigious competition namely “The chairing of the Bard”

The winner for the Welsh chair was Cara Bird and Amber Leigh Bryce won the English chair. LLongyfarchiadau!

The overall house winner was Cavell.

Diolch yn fawr to everone who took part and helped make this day a success.

EISTEDDFOD YSGOL LEWIS I FERCHED

Cynhaliwyd Eisteddfod Ysgol Lewis i Ferched ar DDydd Gwyl Dewi eleni.

Roedd hi’n ddydd llawn hwyl gyda amrywiaeth o gystadlaethau ar y llwyfan a hefyd

cystadlaethau gwaith cartref.

Cafwyd seremoni cadeirio ar gyfer Y Gadair Gymraeg a hefyd ar gyfer Y Gadair Saesneg. Cara Bird oedd enillydd y Gadair Gymraeg ac Amber Leigh Bryce oedd ennilydd y gadair Saesneg. Llongyfarchiadau!

Enillodd Katie Phillips wobr am ei pherfformiadau ar y llwyfan ac enillodd Megan Price wobr am ei hymdrechion gyda’r cystadlaethau gwaith cartref.

Ty Cavell oedd enillwyr y dydd.